- Nov 09, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
Reasons to Use Organic Argan Oil On Your Hair & Face
The benefits of Argan oil
Sourced from a forest that was declared a biosphere reserve by UNESCO, Argan oil is popularly known as “liquid gold”, an apt epithet considering its very many properties, uses, and benefits.
Argan oil for your face
Chockfull of Vitamin E and fatty acids like oleic and linoleic, Argan oil makes for a great moisturizer. The linoleic fatty acid works not just to improve hydration levels of the skin but also reduces inflammation like acne resulting in clearer and softer skin. The presence of oleic fatty acid ensures that the skin’s permeability is improved and important nutrients are absorbed more easily and effectively. This results in softer, plumper, and well hydrated skin.
Argan oil is also a dry oil which means it is light weight, non-greasy and absorbs quickly into your skin and hair. While other oils like coconut oil and olive oil also work well on skin, they can clog your pores. This is where Argan oil has a leg up on other oils – it has a zero comedogenicity rating scale which makes it low risk for pore clogging. It can also be used sparingly – only a drop or two of this oil can moisturize your whole face, yet another reason to easily incorporate it into your daily routine.
Argan oil also has powerful antioxidant properties. This helps in the fight against free radicals that cause aging. It also improves skin elasticity even in very mature skin resulting in a reduction in wrinkles and fine lines. This property also makes it effective in preventing stretch marks. The tocopherols present in Argan oil also fight hyperpigmentation or dark spots which can be caused by aging, hormonal imbalances, or sun damage resulting in brighter and clearer skin.
Is Argan oil good for hair growth?
The fatty acids and Vitamin E present in Argan oil also ensure that hair is protected and conditioned deeply. Argan oil molecules are smaller than those of other oils enabling deeper penetration into the hair cuticles resulting in softer, more manageable hair. It reduces frizz and adds shine. It also protects against heat damage caused by styling tools. Its anti-inflammatory properties also make it effective in the fight against dandruff and other scalp inflammations.
A versatile oil, Argan oil can also be used as a toner, a natural eye serum, lip exfoliator, and eyelash conditioner. Our range of products containing Argan oil illustrate this versatility from 100% Argan Oil by John Masters Organics to the Echium & Argan Eye Cream by Pai Skincare to the Mermaid Hair Oil by Captain Blankenship, we bring you products that will naturally restore vitality to your hair and skin.
TO KNOW WHICH OF OUR PRODUCTS MAKE USE OF ARGAN OIL, READ MORE BELOW!
JOHN MASTERS ORGANICS 100% ARGAN OIL
Beneficial for both hair and skin, this oil helps to retain moisture, improve elasticity and soften hair and skin, while also adding instant sparkle and shine. It's excellent for taming frizzy hair and mending split ends, and when applied to skin it helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes.
THE ORDINARY 100% ORGANIC COLD-PRESSED MOROCCAN ARGAN OILThis multipurpose oil supports healthy, supple skin and reduces the appearance of flaking.
- Argan Seed Oil: A hydrating oil that is extracted without heat to preserve its rich nutrients, including fatty acids, vitamins, phenols, and carotenes.
ATTITUDE® ARGAN OIL BODY CREAM - MOISTURIZE & REPAIR DRY SKIN
- Natural body cream: 100% vegan, made from plants and minerals.
- Enhanced with protective and antioxidant argan oil and deeply soothing oatmeal.
- Dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic to protect itchy, delicate skin.
- EWG VERIFIEDTM and top-rated in EWG’s Skin Deep® Cosmetics Database.
- ECOLOGO® Certified: sustainable and biodegradable natural body cream.
- PETA Certified: cruelty-free and vegan.
- Free of preservatives of concern such as Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Propylparapen, Isopropylparapen, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben), Formaldehyde or Formaldehyde releasers, Benzyl Alcohol, and MIT.
- Free of PEGs such as PEG-100 Stearate and PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, contaminated with cancer-causing chemicals.
- Free of endocrine disruptors such as BHA, BHT, Phthalate and Triclosan.
PAI SKINCARE ECHIUM & ARGAN GENTLE EYE CREAM
Often prone to dryness and irritation, the delicate skin around the eyes needs expert care. Our Echium & Argan Gentle Eye Cream is carefully designed to comfort and hydrate without overloading the skin. Rich in essential fatty acids, organic Echium helps to improve the appearance of fine lines and keep the delicate eye area hydrated and plumped.
- Echium CO2 Extract: Rich in incredibly effective forms of Omegas 3 & 6 - Gamma Linolenic Acid and Stearidonic Acid, which help smooth the skin and improve the appearance of fine lines.
GROWN ALCHEMIST INTENSIVE HAND CREAM - PERSIAN ROSE/ARGAN EXTRACTA rich intensive hydrating, non-greasy Hand Cream that is instantly absorbed reviving the driest skin and cuticles.
- Persian Rose, Tamanu Oil and Argan Extract: CPontaining Vitamin A and Omega’s 3, 6 & 7 noticeably replenish and strengthen the skin while visibly restoring moisture levels and elasticity.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Deeply penetrates and provides maximum hydration while Tocopherol–Vitamin E and Polyphenols from Pomegranate and Grapeseed Oil act as powerful free radical fighting Antioxidants transforming the appearance of skin damaged by oxidative stress leaving skin looking beautifully supple, soft and revived.