- Aug 29, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
Sea Buckthorn Oil
What is buckthorn oil used for?
Contrary to its name, sea buckthorn oil has no association with the sea. It is extracted from both the berries and seeds of a small shrub native to the Himalayan region – the sea buckthorn plant. It has been a staple part of both Ayurvedic and Chinese medicines for its wide ranging benefits for both internal and external health.
Sea buckthorn oil has the highest concentration of a rare fatty acid – palmitoleic acid, also known as omega 7, out of any of the natural oils. It also has a high content of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. The omega 7 in sea buckthorn oil can significantly boost collagen production which improves the elasticity of your skin and helps it retain its suppleness and youth.
What does sea buckthorn do for your skin?
This high content of fatty acids also makes sea buckthorn oil an amazing moisturizer. It is also an extremely light weight oil and is non-comedogenic which makes it suitable for all skin types. It deeply hydrates the skin cells and locks moisture in to ensure resilient skin. It also has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties along with other nutrients which work to balance hormones and keep skin clear of acne and breakouts.
Sea buckthorn Oil is rich in Vitamins A and E, which are powerful antioxidants. This gives sea buckthorn oil the ability to protect skin from damage caused by free radicals and oxidization. It can reduce fine lines, wrinkles, age spots, hyperpigmentation while also protecting the skin from further damage. It is also 12 times richer in Vitamin C than oranges which give it the ability to restore glow and brighten up your skin.
Sea Buckthorn Oil for hair!
The fatty acids in this oil work to intensely nourish the scalp and hair as well. Applied topically, it can reduce dryness, flakiness, and itchiness on the scalp. It also locks this hydration into the scalp to prevent future dryness. These benefits extend to the hair as well with restorative qualities that can deeply hydrate, nourish, and lock moisture into locks.
It combats dryness and brittleness in hair. It contains vitamins B1, B2, and B6 which are essential for the rejuvenation of skin and hair. It supports the flow of oxygen and vital nutrients throughout the body and hair which can strengthen hair and stimulate growth. Its high content of amino acids also supports the keratin function in hair.
WE HAVE MANY PRODUCTS WITH SEA BUCKTHORN OIL, READ BELOW FOR MORE!
The oil to nourish and protect the skin!
- 100% Sea Buckthorn Fruit oil
- Water free
- Alcohol free
- Silicone free
- Nut free
- Cruelty free
- Gluten Free
Leaves facial skin looking firm, noticeably hydrated and feeling soft and smooth.
- Essential Fatty Acids found in Rosehip Oil and Sea-Buckthorn Berry: Combine giving the skin a well nourished and moisturised appearance whilst noticeably improving elasticity visibly reducing the signs of aging.
- Sweet Almond Oil and Rice Bran: Rich in vitamins a, b1, b2, b6, & e and oryzanol visibly improve skin tone and firmness while reducing the appearance of age spots, leaving the skin complexion looking beautifully radiant.
- Borago: Rich in hydrating and nourishing triglycerides noticeably balances and improves skin hydration.
- Cranberry Seed Oil: A rich source of gamma-tocotrienols and asta-xanthin, helps repair the appearance of skin effected by oxidative stress.
- Cruelty Free
Soothe and rejuvenate skin while you sleep.
- USDA-certified Organic
- Calms and detoxifies irritated, dry or sensitive skin
- Nourishes and brightens skin with Sea Buckthorn Oil, a powerhouse of essential fatty acids, flavonoids, carotenes and vitamins
- Argan Oil hydrates and balances skin’s oil content
- Antioxidant Baobab Fruit Oil and Prickly Pear Oil target free radical damage to rejuvenate skin
Hydrates and repairs dry, chapped and sensitive hands.
- Sea Buckthorn: Rich in antioxidants, Carotenoids and a rare form of Palmitoleic Acid (Omega 7), this oil is effective at nourishing the skin and promotes skin suppleness and softness.
- Fragonia: Fragonia essential oil is thought to have similar anti-bacterial properties to Tea Tree oil.
- Certified Organic by the Soil Association (*Organically produced 70% of product).
- Suitable for Vegans.
- Not tested on animals.
- Contains nut oil.