What does Niacinamide do for your skin?
Today let’s talk about one member of the B complex vitamins – Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3. It is an essential vitamin and is found in many foods like eggs, fish, milk, beans, and green veggies. It is also increasingly becoming a very popular ingredient in beauty care products. So what are the benefits of the topical application of Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a water-soluble form of Vitamin B3 which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It not only helps regenerate skin cells but also protects them from UV radiation and other environmental stressors like pollution and toxins. It boosts collagen production and reduces signs of premature aging like fine lines and wrinkles. It is helpful for reducing acne and other inflammatory conditions like pustules.
Niacinamide also improves skin texture and strengthens the protective barrier function of skin which also contributes to reducing inflammation. It increases the ceramides which are natural lipids found in skin and hence reduces water loss. This improves hydration and keeps your skin well moisturized, soft, and supple. It also increases resilience in the skin while reducing the appearance of scars and blemishes.
Niacinamide has been proven useful in the fight against hyperpigmentation. It helps lightening dark spots, reduces blotchiness, and evens out skin tone. It balances out sebaceous gland oil production which reduces clogging of pores and can further keep acne and breakouts at bay. It also powerfully restores cellular energy and repairs damaged DNA.
What else does Vitamin B3 do?
Niacinamide also increases skin proteins in the scalp’s lipid barrier and locks moisture into the scalp. This helps combat scalp conditions that cause dryness and flakiness. It also increases the synthesis of keratin which improves the quality and strength of hair. It reduces excess oil production which helps unclog hair follicles and stimulates hair growth. It protects the hair shaft from UV radiation and environmental stressors resulting in rejuvenated and bouncy hair.
SEE FURTHER BELOW FOR OUR PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN AND MAKE USE OF NIACINAMIDE (VITAMIN B3)!
Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% is a water-based serum with niacinamide (vitamin B3) and zinc. This treatment reduces the appearance of blemishes, redness, enlarged pores, uneven tone, and oily skin. It promotes clearer, brighter, and smoother skin while balancing sebum production.
- Niacinamide: A vitamin that brightens and reduces the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion.
- Zinc PCA: A mineral that softens and soothes the skin. It has been shown to reduce the appearance of acne and balance sebum production.
100% natural, lightweight face moisturizer for oily-to-normal skin that delivers all-day hydration without being greasy or oily.
- Grape Seed Oil: A natural resveratrol ingredient that supports antiaging.
- Jojoba Oil: Helps rebalance and normalize skin.
- Niacinamide: Stimulates blood flow, evens skin tone, and prevents dehydration.
- Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide: Provides industry-leading hydration.
The mask that boosts your skin's metabolism
- CABBAGE ROSE EXTRACT: Improves circulation, hydrates and strengthens capillary walls.
- GINGKO BILOBA EXTRACT: A powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that aids in skin rejuvenation.
- KELP: Metabolism-boosting and rich in Vitamins A, C and E, Zinc, Calcium andMagnesium. Contains B Vitamins that help stimulate the lymphatic system.
- OLIVE LEAF EXTRACT: Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory.
- NIACINAMIDE: Evens pigmentation, improves elasticity and protects against photo-aging to improve texture and tone.
- PENTA-PEPTIDES: Reinforces the skin’s elasticity.
- HYALURONIC ACID: Holds 1,000 times its weight in water to hydrate skin, repairs tissue and holds together the structure of the skin, collagen and elastin.
Barrier Balm is a multi-use balm that helps shield skin against water loss, as well as conditions and strengthens skin.
- Ideal for Dry Lips in Need of Hydration
- Blended with Protective and Hydrating Ingredients
- Can Be Used on Lips, Cuticles, and Other Dry Spots on the Body in Need of Protection and Hydration
- Can Be Applied Multiple Times a Day
- Can Be Used Under or Over Lipstick
- Includes Vitamin E, Rose Hip Seed Oil, and Bisabolol
Essential, skin beneficial concentration of multi-vitamins work together to boost collagen production, lessen lines and wrinkles, and promote skin elasticity and firmness. Also beneficial for lightening age spots and scars, to brighten and balance skin tone.
- 10% Vitamin C: Boosts Collagen and Elastin production
- 10% Niacinamide: Reverses signs of aging; Brightens
- 10% Vitamin E: Restorative Antioxidant
- 1% Retinol: Lessens and prevents wrinkles; Firms skin
- 1% CoQ10: Boosts Collagen and Elastin production
Your skin's needs can change on a daily basis depending on your environment, stress levels, water intake and more! Consonant Vitamin Serums are formulated to be used in a proactive, prescriptive way. Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) targets congestion, blemishes and uneven skin tone while Vitamin B5 (Phanthenol) improves skin barrier function, helping to prevent water loss. The formula is fortified with anti-inflammatory Zinc to regulate sebum production.