- Nov 05, 2019
- 0 Comment(s)
Olive Oil Benefits + 4 Clean Beauty Products Featuring Olive Oil
The health properties of Olive Oil
An ancient Mediterranean oil, Olive oil is popular worldwide for the very many benefits associated with it. Rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, polyphenols, and vitamin E, olive oil has the perfect composition to ensure healthy skin and hair.
Olive Oil for your skin
Olive oil is a great skin cleanser. It extracts toxic oil from deep within the pores of your skin. It also works to dissolve dead skin cells and deep cleanses dirt, grime, and germs from skin pores. This also helps clear our acne, blackheads, and whiteheads since these very contaminants cause the aforementioned skin conditions. It also works as an all-natural makeup remover, quickly and easily dissolving even the most stubborn makeup without drying out your skin.
Olive oil contains essential fatty acids that make it a powerful moisturizer especially for dry and damaged skin. It lubricates and softens rough skin by plumping up dry skin cells with moisture ensuring smooth and supple skin. It is also deeply hydrating for cracked heels and damaged feet. Olive oil is an emollient which provides a soothing effect to rough feet and helps soften them. It even works wonderfully on skin conditions like eczema and atopic dermatitis.
Olive oil also contains antioxidants that neutralize the free radicals that cause skin damage. It improves the elasticity and regenerative properties of skin. It encourages new cell production and protects against environmental factors that cause skin damage. All this helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and pigmentation resulting in healthier, brighter, softer, and plumper skin. These properties also make it useful in reducing scars and to rejuvenate the delicate skin around the eyes.
Olive Oil for your hair
Olive oil is just as useful for hair and scalp health. Its high vitamin E content helps fight hair loss. It also stimulates hair growth and deeply conditions the hair shaft, coating and protecting it from damage. This results in reduces frizz and shiny, bouncy hair. Its antibacterial properties also help fight against scalp irritation, dryness, and dandruff while also deep cleansing resulting in a healthier and cleaner scalp.
Olive oil has many other uses and benefits including improving nail and cuticle health, as a natural shaving cream, exfoliator, and improving lash health. A wonderfully dense and nutrient rich oil, it is the perfect ingredient across an array of beauty products.
READ MORE BELOW TO FIND OUR MORE ABOUT OUR PRODUCT THAT USE OLIVE OIL!
CONSONANT SKINCARE ORGANIC OLIVE OIL BODY SOAP
You won't believe how soft you skin feels after washing with this body soap. With only three ingredients (olive oil, water and naturally occurring glycerin) this is a perfect soap for those with very sensitive or dry skin. It is also great for use on babies.
This lightweight yet highly concentrated multi-purpose beauty oil contains only the finest exotic oils and rare herbal extracts. Buriti oil has recently been found to filter and absorb cancer-causing UV rays from the sun. All herbal extracts made in-house exclusively for rms beauty.
- Melts away stubborn eye makeup with ease
- Cleanses skin without stripping or irritation
- Nourishing and moisturizing for sensitive skin
- Safe for use near delicate eye area and lashes
- Helps to soothe rashes and sunburn
- Calms and softens post-shave skin
- Helpful for blemish-prone skin
- Gentle enough for babies
- 100% eco-friendly
- Blue Tansy: High in Azulene content giving them a deep inky blue color naturally. Azulene is a powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial that aids in reducing redness and clarifying the complexion. Additionally, blue oils are excellent at balancing oily skin without drying.
- Kukui Nut Oil: Naturally high in linoleic acid to balance oily and combination skin. Absorbs quickly into skin for hydration and nourishment at a deep level.
- Jojoba Oil: Jojoba is an incredible natural moisturizer and is able to penetrate deeply into the skin due to similarities to our skin's own natural sebum.
- Squalane: Our Squalane is derived from a vegetable source — olives to be specific. Vegetable-derived Squalane has excellent emollient properties and acts as a light protective barrier to keep moisture in the skin. It also protects the skin against hyper-pigmentation and premature aging.
- Jasmine Sambac Oil: Comes from the night blooming variety of Jasmine. It is a sweet and exquisite oil that has been used in skincare and perfumery for centuries with good reason — the scent is intoxicating and the oil itself works to increase the skin's moisture content and increase its elasticity.
A powerful blend of nutrient-rich oils that supports skin as it stretches during pregnancy. This beautifully aromatic, luxurious moisturizer deeply penetrates to hydrate and soothe, and aid in healthy skin cell regeneration. Also for use postpartum to soothe and rejuvenate inflamed skin due to stretch marks or scarring.